Hi and welcome to my personal page. I am Ludwig Schreier, a Physical Engineer (Computational Physics) and Project Management Professional with over 10 years excellence in industrial research and development. I contribute and work for OEMs and Tier suppliers in Automotive and Semiconductor industry.
My core competencies include Computer and Software Engineering Management, especially Requirements Engineering, Architecture and Design, MBSE, Autonomous Systems (Radar, Lidar, Camera and Fusion), Automotive Project/Program Management and Consulting, Team/Group Leadership and People Mentoring/Coaching/Inspiration. I consider myself a Generalist with individual domain expertise. I love working with teams, usually 2-4 persons, which is most productive. I train and mentor people, provide purpose, vision and peer coaching.
My goals include personal excellence, organizational leadership, and inspirational difference making. The three, I hope to accomplish with energy, integrity and intelligence. I love working with hungry wolves, like technical innovations and work strongly on my communication and soft skills including empathy, assertiveness, creativity and productivity. I love learning and speak German and English.
Work projects (employed, selection only) 👔
I am currently working for CMORE Automotive GmbH, Germany, which is an engineering service company and specialist for ADAS/AV/AD since 2011. The company is hosting many of the projects I performed on. Please get in touch if you want to learn more about the company, its services or products.
- Large-scale OEM-Tier 1 AD Project - Systems Engineering / Requirements incl. SysML (since May 2018)
- Requirements Engineering and Management for E-Mobility ECU "Inductive charging" (Jun 2016 - Apr 2018)
- Level 4/5 Autonomous Validation - Statistical Model - ISO 26262 (Nov 2015 - Jun 2016)
Current research (private) 🧠
I currently study and work with Autonomous Intelligent Systems (Vehicles) asking questions of Technology (Software-Hardware), Frameworks, Architecture, Design, Requirements and Ethics. I believe that systems will experience a dramatic addition of intelligence over the next decade.
Technically, I have extensive knowledge of embedded and high-performance computation. I worked with algorithms and computer optimization, including GPU-based performance-computation, which was part of my thesis in 2009 (Simulation of block-copolymer nanostructures - with results presented at NVIDIA GTC 2009, San Jose, USA). Time-critical and control systems, e.g. ECU microcontroller safety (ISO 26262, SOTIF, MISRA, ASPICE, etc.) and architectural aspects. I have high proficiency with many ISO standards, OEM specifications and processes.
- Expert systems: software architectures and requirements, development management, ethical design and embedding
- Autonomous vehicle security, requirements; secure software cycles and practices
- General leadership and organizational management; classic and servant style, coaching
I read technical and people literature on motivation, productivity, psychology, relationships, performance and exchange with executive coaches and consultants. Having worked in change-ridden projects or organizations, there is one superior quality which determined success or failure: the will to learn. “It is not enough to do your best; you must know what to do, and then do your best.” —W Edwards Deming
Past research (selection only):
- Engineering principles of Build-in Self-Test Memory Tests (presented at Automotive ISO 26262 conference, February 2018, Berlin)
- Portation of Cell Dynamics Simulation (Block-copolymer solver) to NVIDIA Jetson Embedded TK1 CPU-GPU (published as presentation, 2016)
- Speaker appointment - please ask
- Author appointment - please ask, happy to join
- Technical or business consulting appointment - please ask
- Training: Design of Ethical Intelligent Autonomous Systems (planned, please ask)
- Training: Extreme Leadership in Research and Development Worlds (planned, please ask)
- Career mentoring or coaching - please ask
- Anything that is important to you - ask me
Education and certifications
- Project Management Institute, USA - Project Management Professional, active since 2015
- University of Applied Sciences RheinMain (FH Wiesbaden) - Physikalische Technik, Dipl.-Ing. (FH), 2009
Erasmus Student at University of Central Lancashire, Preston, UK
Internship at Accelrys Software (now Dassault Systèmes), Cambridge, UK
Certified as European Engineer in 2015 by FEANI, Brussels, BE
Interests and personal
I am a member of IEEE and PMI, USA and strongly follow ACM, INCOSE, SAE and other organizations. I regularly visit or if given speak on conferences, go to meetups and have a large network of people online or offline.
Publications (I have a few - strongly depending on project nature/NDAs) can be found on ResearchGate. I like reading and own hundreds of books, technical or business/leadership - ask if you need a recommendation. I try my best at digital photography! I come from Lindau, Bodensee, a beautiful place in the very South of Germany. Finally, I am a very proud dad of two bilingual kids, love my family and feel indefinitely grateful for their patience with me. Everything I have seen, have done, everything I am, it always feels like standing on the shoulders of giants. ■